A great way to include more seafood in your diet is to make this flavorful marinated salmon recipe! The marinade gives this fish a more exciting flavor than the typical lightly-seasoned broiled salmon (although there’s nothing wrong with that either).
To make the marinade, just throw a couple of salmon fillets into a gallon-sized ziplock bag, cover them with some olive oil, and add your favorite spices. For this nice, “grilled” flavor, I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, smoked paprika, chili flakes, and a tablespoon or two of lemon juice.
How to Cook
Let the salmon marinate for at least 30 minutes (but I like to give it a whole day!) Once ready, place it in an oven for 15-20 minutes until the salmon is cooked. If your salmon fillets have skin on them, I like to brown them skin-side down on a hot skillet, to make the skin nice and crispy.
Serve it with your favorite veggie side or a fresh salad.
This recipe works well with frozen or fresh salmon. If you get it frozen, just marinate it while it’s thawing in the fridge! You can also make it with any marinade and spices that you want – it’s impossible to go wrong.
The best part is that you can come home from a long day and make this beauty in under half an hour!
This recipe is paleo, Whole30 friendly, gluten free, and low-carb. The salmon is full of omega-3s, phosphorus, vitamins D and B12. Many people do not get enough of these nutrient on the standard American diet, so this dish is a great way to ensure you’re getting the vitamins you need!
- 2 fresh salmon filets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- Place salmon fillets into a plastic ziploc bag.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, and spices.
- Seal the ziploc bag and refrigerate from 30 mintues up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 400 F.
- If salmon has skin, sear the skin on a hot skillet before baking so the skin can get golden and crispy. If no skin, skip this step.
- Place the salmon on a baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy with a side of vegetables for a delicious and healthy paleo dinner!
I hope you enjoy this paleo marinated salmon recipe! Let me know how it turned out!